Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
Rowan Cabin

"Well, there's nothing stopping you from making words. You just have to make the right word. It might be kind of hard with the english alphabet, but you can probably get some kind of name. I bet other languages would have closer words for it. Ones made by beings that are more used to magic and supernatural things. Maybe draconic?" Bella closes her eyes for a moment, and when she next speaks it's in the language of the dragons. "<Huh, I expected the language to be more elegant, but this is a bigger mess than English. I guess that happens to any language that's around long enough.>" Bella suddenly looks tired, like she finished a good amount of activity. "And I didn't learn a word for what you want to be, either."
Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Rowan Cabin]

"Everything had to be named for the first time at some point," Sophie observes. "No reason why you can't be the first one to name some things." She then peers at Bella. "What was that language you just spoke?"
Rowan Cabin

"I didn't find anything in draconic, and the closest thing in abyssal is like... blind-light-torturer? But that's almost exactly opposite of what I want to be." She shrugs at Bella before turning to Sophie and addressing her.

"But if I don't name it the right thing, then it will be wrong until someone makes a better name, and by then everyone will like the old, wrong name, and it'll be stuck being wrong." Prism looks down at her feet, shuffling them self-consciously, "Words are so hard, they get made and accepted without anyone even caring if what they're saying is right. It's..." She just trails off, pulling the end of a lock of hair into her mouth, chewing it nervously, "I don't like talking." That part has always been fairly obvious, though it may be strange to finally know the why.