1. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

A3 Addendum
    While Sporegg is right, I do want to add two comments to this.

First of the spell specifies a "hand-held weapon", a undefined term. Interesting enough all weapons except things like siege weapons are hand-held weapons, this includes ranged weapons (in fact my Google associates "hand-held weapon" with "gun" in 50% of the results). It already is badly worded and could use some common sense interpretation.

Secondly it shares wording the Fire Shield spell, but that one has a line lining with reach. Because of the same wording it sounds right to use the reach clause for Eruptive Pustules too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Shield
    Any creature striking you with its body or a hand-held weapon deals normal damage, but at the same time the attacker takes 1d6 points of damage + 1 point per caster level (maximum +15). This damage is either cold damage (if you choose a chill shield) or fire damage (if you choose a warm shield). If the attacker has spell resistance, it applies to this effect. Creatures wielding melee weapons with reach are not subject to this damage if they attack you.
    It specifies melee reach weapons though, so by RAW a hand held crossbow would still trigger Fire Shield.

A4
    Part of the confusion spell is that there is a 25% chance to act normal. So when you roll "act normally", the moonstruck target still wants to attack with its natural weapons in preference to other actions (for example: aiding a friend, fleeing, or drinking a healing potion). However he still could take other actions when acting normal because nothing in the spell actually prevents him from doing so.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-05-16 at 11:41 PM.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build