Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
Glass Mouse, it would be unreasonable if you said that she's not allowed to come to the communal areas, but as I understood it you're just asking if it's ok you people hang out there and have dinner?

Just explain your reasons, say it is not fair that although you don't use the common room often yourself, it doesn't say anywhere you can't use it. I also don't think you've left it too late to ask if it's ok to have people over.
Yeah, that's all.

I already took the discussion with her, explained myself etc., but she didn't budge. That's why I wrote here, because when I started the talk, I was sure my request was reasonable, but then I got confused. I'm... not very good at asserting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Does she have a computer? Or maybe do you have a laptop you could lend her? Or could you lug the TV into there for the night? Or could she just join you for dinner?
She has a laptop. I offered her my room (has a TV) for the duration. I considered inviting her, but "I need to chill" didn't sound like she'd welcome the idea, and right now I'm kinda pissed.

I don't think I'm going to convince her without turning this into a fight, which I really really don't want right before my two most taxing exams. So... I'm going hunting for somewhere else to be this Saturday.
But thanks for the answers, FinnLassie and Aedilred. It's good to know that my roommate etiquette isn't completely off. Now I just need to figure out how to renegotiate the relation (in my own head) until I can move somewhere better.