Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Pretty sure all or nearly all of those people attack you first unless you're being BastardHawke anyway, so this line of reasoning is moot. I have no problem with self-defense.

And as I said earlier, I don't recognize Meredith's "authority" in any way, shape or form.
Many not all, and you go looking for trouble quite a lot.

It doesn't matter if you recognize Meredith or not. She, and Elthina, are the proper authorities. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them any less the proper authorities. And honestly, I'm not even saying that you should follow them. I don't. But at least get your argument straight. If you can't perform an action because you aren't the proper authority, then follow the proper authority. If you're going to ignore and try to destroy the proper authority any way then the fact that you aren't the proper authority doesn't really matter. You can side with them, or (theoretically, not in the game, sadly) just walk away and let the proper authorities deal with the situation.

But you don't follow them. You disagree with them and continuously take action into your own hands. Anders committed a most heinous crime. The innocents he killed deserve to have justice brought to their murderer, and as a nobleman and "the Champion" (judging by medieval laws, of which I'm not sure how they correlate with Kirkwall specifically) the authority to give out his punishment is yours anyway.