Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
The bonuses are a bit fiddly in some cases, like the hand bind. Rarely worth the standard action at low levels due to the short duration. The foot bind bonus is nice though, the extra speed makes pestilence-based flight much faster. Also helps with overland travel. I could get behind expanding the paths instead, though that would be more for future paths to have to fill in as well. I guess that could be a positive, actually, granting more design space for future paths.

The gamla actually strikes me as a great chassis for a wrath daevic. The smaller weapons shouldn't apply to natural attacks (powerful build doesn't), and the extra reach is great. Dex penalty doesn't matter in heavy armor and Con is nice.

Okay, I think I'm going to look into going that route then, trimming out the moving parts that bringing unnecessary complications and expanding the Paths to be a little more robust.

I actually kind of like that idea, it brings the Vizier a little more in line with the Psion as far as that implementation of a base caster chassis with some plug and play options to customize it. I'll try and get you guys a playtest doc showing what that will look like before the end of this weekend. That may even open room for me to add an additional Path to the initial release!

On the gamla-
It's kind of my favorite akashic race so far, and was something I've had in my folder of homebrew stuff for a long time. I think it's really a pretty decent race for any of the akashic classes, though granted Vizier has some impediments since the 12 foot tall caster is probably going to make a pretty tempting target. I think he does a pretty good job of complimenting the materials without being OP. And of course, it's surprising how many people love the opportunity to spit in the enemy's eye and get some mechanical reward out of it.