Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
Jacob grabs his pad and scribbles another note, adding to it as Marcus' explanation continues. Eventually, he hands over the pad, which now reads:

The silenced man stands as still as he can as Marcus goes to work again. Several moments pass after the impressive procedure is finished, but nothing seems to be glowing or radiating any sort of magic. Then, eventually:

"...Did it work?"

Jacob claps his hands over his mouth, as if shocked that he could even form a complete sentence. After the surprise fades, he grins from ear to ear and lets out a delighted cheer, elated to have recovered his voice. His moment of celebration passes soon enough, and he approaches to shake Marcus' hand, lauding him, "You're a miracle worker, sir, and nothing less! I was sure that I'd never speak another syllable again...You may very well have saved me from total isolation! I won't ever forget this favor, I swear it!" Quite the chatterbox, this one, without that curse holding his tongue.

...Speaking of the curse, what could've been causing it?
A victorious grin spread wide across Mark's face. The floating books snap shut with a wave of his hand and fly back into his bag.

"Had a feeling it ought to've been a hex." he says, chuckling triumphantly at the excited man. "If you're sure you didn't make any new best friends at least knowingly, then either you've recently nabbed something that was cursed, or there's something really vindictive out there you unknowingly pissed off during what used to be your daily routine. That'd result in someone or something planting a cursed object in your house. What'd you normally do a few weeks ago? Let's retrace your schedule."

Marcus starts wandering about the house as he asks his newly vocal company. He picks and prods at the various household objects, uncovering containers and anything else in the room he thinks might've been able to hide the glowing effect of his spell.