Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
And the information about the Claymore/Widow being unusable comes from their descriptions in the gun select menu, which ARE in the base game, no DLC required to read them.
The text isn't exactly that clear. It says "Krogan/Geth only", not "Krogan/Geth only, and somehow also Shepard". So I just didn't bother with them.

In all seriousness, if it's true it's true and I can't argue. But "Shepard can now lift five times his body weight" is a bit of a major thing to just gloss over. You'd think details that huge would be conveyed a bit better. I mean if nothing else, if Shepard is supposed to be that strong then your Melee attacks should probably take down enemies a whole lot faster than they do;.

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
Point. If someone feels like they don't feel like paying "extra" for the "full" story that's one thing. However I have never understood the hostility towards "DLC" by people who at the same time praize "Expansions".
Skyrim is probably the best example of the difference. The base game has the whole plot wrapped up, and anything that didn't make it in can just be finished off by the community. You aren't pushed to spend a bunch of extra money to get something that makes the base game feel complete, you're having an entirely new thing added with new stuff from wholecloth. It's worth it because it's stuff they didn't or couldn't put in the base game.

For an obvious example

Bioware DLC however, is vile. For an obvious example, imagine if they did the DLC for the above game. In all likliehood they'd have torn out the companions and made you pay extra to become a werewolf. Their base is still right there in whiterun, and all the quests and followers are right there on the disc, but you can't use them unless you pay extra. Or else Lydia suddenly gains a dark and mysterious past she'll reference, but good luck dealing with it without paying money.

Expansions expand the game, DLC usually just adds stuff that should have been in the base game.

I know you don't like DLC, but at some point you're going to get over the fact that this is gaming now. This is how it is and how it will be for the foreseeable future.
Allow me to kindly say screw that. If a company tries that hard to fleece me out of my money, I have a right to turn them down and spend it on something else.

Also, why don't you have Lair of the Shadow Broker? It's easily one of the best pieces of DLC for any game ever. Not getting it on principle is only denying you the enjoyment of it.
Because it doesn't come with the deluxe edition. Despite the game being years old Bioware feels the need to fleece me out of that much extra money. Hell, it's not even money. They charge more money than the DLC costs so that you can buy arbitrary points. None of which ever go on sale so you're basically stuck paying full price for something years later. If there was a complete edition I could upgrade to, then maybe I'd go for it, but if the company is going to make it that hard I'll just buy a different game on principle.

I don't care how good Lair of the Shadow Broker is, I'm not spending as much on it as I did the base game, and I'm not jumping through that many company hoops to get at it.