Quote Originally Posted by StreamOfTheSky View Post
Swordsage is the weakest ToB class. MAD, medium BAB, lowest HD, feat starved (no bonus; needs one just to function properly), and is lacking all of the best maneuvers. Remember, quality beats quantity. I'd take White Raven Tactics and Iron Heart Surge over *any* ten maneuvers from Desert Wind.
I've never played a swordsage who took more than 1 desert wind maneuver. Pointing out that they have access to a bad school is irrelevant. Shadow Hand, Setting Sun, Diamond Mind and (a bit of) Tiger Claw are relevant. I agree the chassis is weak though. Again, it makes a better dip, where you're not relying on strikes. You're relying on utility, mobility and defensive maneuvers to complement your full attacks, so it doesn't matter as much if/when they run out.
Crusader is possibly the best class. The base itself isn't as sexy as Warblade, but the real power is the recovery mechanic (no action cost) and how powerfully it combines with adept prestige classes (each readied maneuver also boosts granted by +1)
I can't seem to find the page source on PrC advancement... that definitely would have helped in a previous campaign. In any event I agree that Crusaders have the best recovery mechanic, but their maneuver access is pretty slim, especially when you look beyond strikes. No Diamond Mind counters, paltry low-level utility, in exchange for some low level healing... Excluding RKV I'd take Warblade over Crusader any day.