Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
Unfortunately it kind of doesn't jell right. Now this is just me thinking through the mechanics, I didn't really have a problem with them in the game. But how does getting an additional asari warship for instance effect the outcome of the Crucible? It really shouldn't. Now I can see getting Rachni to help build the thing having an effect, or getting Mordin Solus to work on it, but all the military assets are only really only going to have an effect on outcomes if things boil down to a fight.

Now I will be the first to admit, the assets themselves don't really make sense and are really just rough points given for plot purposes. But in terms of mechanics reflecting gameplay, if they really wanted to emphasize that the Crucible was all that mattered then war assets should really have been just called Crucible completeness rating or something and only really focused on assets that would effect the readiness of the Crucible.

Or they could have put 2 different categories, Crucible completeness and Army readiness, and if the army readiness isn't high enough at the end you get a non-standard game over. Ending with Shepard leading survivors away from a destroyed Crucible to fight a long protracted war ending with Liara's message.

Of course, this is pretty much all nitpicking.
I don't think it's "completeness". The Crucible is complete either way. It's just that they have more time to run tests, install failsaves, improve protections etc. and this would roughly have the same effect as better military in that the purpose of both is to protect the Crucible from damage. Of course this is just me trying to justify the arbitrary values for fun. I'm fine with the mechanics as they are.