Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
1. I don't know how to do good trades in lane. I feel like if I stealth up for a good opener, I'm vulnerable to all the enemy ADC skills and everything the support can throw at me.
If you're vulnerable to everything from both the ADC and support, you're either positioning flatout wrong or not waiting on your support to initiate the level of aggression you're trying to do. The first is solved by stop doing that; the second, by learning when your support wants to do that level of aggression and following his lead better.

But if I save my stealth to get out, my trades are just weaker than most other ADs due to short range and less burst.
The good twitches I've seen tended to avoid trades, and go for all-ins at strategic moments, where Twitch's burst is actually higher than most ADCs, due to how Expunge works with his kit(and that all his burst is tied up in that one skill).

2. I feel like I'm doing something wrong in my midgame positioning. I've watched several pro games where somebody with just a BoRK stealthed on top of someone and then opened up with everything for a kill. I try to do the same thing and end up doing maybe 2/3 of someone's hp before they get away, which often results in me getting killed a bit later because I've used all my stuff but didn't get the kill that would allow the team to push for an advantage.
#assassinproblems

The challenge with watching LCS-level play is that you gotta realize, not only do they "know their burst", but they also farm better than you. Completing BoRK 2 minutes earlier opens up kill opportunities that I'm just not capable of taking because I'd be sitting on Cutlass+2dagger.

Basically, I have an understanding that the champ rewards aggressive plays, but I'm doing something wrong in making them and I'm not sure what.
He actually doesn't reward generally aggressive play like...Caitlyn would. He rewards *TIMED* aggression very well, though. As in, its less about how frequently you trade and more about the fact that they're probably dead or backing every time you do find a good trade opportunity.