Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
Short answer:
Yes.

Long answer:

All of the core races are getting some materials to give them ready access to the system, and a selection of thematically appropriate races from the ARG and UP are getting some goodies as well. This includes the elemental races, I've got some stuff cooking for variant vishkanya, forgeborn and ophiduan are both on the list for some akashic makeovers, and I'm open to requests for other races that you think should really get some akashic love. I can't make promises about will make it in to the final run other than the ones I've mentioned, but even if it isn't in the initial release, you never know what might show up down the line.
That sounds really cool. Also, I had some questions about the daevic. Aside from all that I've said before, I'm a bit worried by the daevic fluff. It feels too much like pact magic, which I understand is not really a concern for DSP since it's not one of their products, but I think it could be avoided completely if instead of "daevic" we head "devas". Their investment in a passion is so huge that they become akashic embodiments of that devotion. Also, I'm having a hard time justifying why they are so well trained in combat - maybe that could be addressed as well?

That my friend, is an excellent question that I had not thought of, and which no one else had really brought up before now.

So I'll put it to you guys in the community:

Which of the following would be your preferred method for dealing with "disguising" veils:

Veilweavers have an "active" and "inactive" mode. Veils are only detectable via detect magic or similar means while the veilweaver inactive and cannot be sundered (though can still be affected by dispel or disjunction effects), but their abilities are suppressed until you spend a swift action to activate them. Deactivating them requires another swift action.

Veils are always on, but we provide a feat that allows you to disguise them as normal clothing.

Veils are always on, but we provide a magic item that allows you to disguise them as normal clothing. We potentially have greater versions of this item that also give your veils a nondetection ability, requiring true seeing or a more powerful effect to actually see and identify them.
I like the idea of active/inactive mode.

We've already got one PoW class archetype available that will be part of the final document, and Jeremy and Andreas have both given the go-ahead for a full akashic discipline with supporting organization.
Oh, that's really really cool.