Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
Any time you miss a binding you are exposed to attacks with little to no contribution until the next binding. Compare Thresh, who can still trade with people with the autoattack passive and has a very useful flay and shield for damage, disabling and sustain. Morgana has no sustain at all (spell shield isn't meant to deflect harass) and the only use of her W is to quickly apply Frostfang's or to combo with a binding. Any time I see a first pick Morgana I pick Sona/Nami/Zyra/Karma and win the lane unless a lucky binding ruins the laning phase. Sometimes I pick Janna because against Morg it's like bypassing her subpar laning phase, and E-empowered autos go straight through spell shield while movement speed lets you juke easier. Morgana functions much, much like Blitz - a pick support with a rather binary laning phase - except she has way more utility.
Not so much. Yeah she won't do much, but she can auto attack at relative safety since she is ranged, and her spell shield blocks engages. It's not like a blitzcrank or Thresh who after missing their hook have to sit back and do absolutely nothing until it's cooldown is back up.

That said, those are good counters to Morgana. I think she's best chosen as a counter pick to people like Leona, Thresh, or Blitz.