1. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Drow aren't vulnerable to sunlight, they're sensitive to light; that's not the same thing (for example, Vampires are vulnerable to sunlight). COS does reduce the penalties of sunlight by -1, so it would reduce the penalty of being dazzled to zero.
    Yeah, good point. Any lenient DM would probably allow it.

But by RAW it is dubious, there is no "vulnerable to sunlight" clause in vampires, (and neither do wraiths), so it isn't a rule term, but a normal English one. So then it's left up to the reader with vulnerable means, but again I agare with you. Also Sunlight does not cause penalties so that sentence shouldn't do anything, but that's nitty gritty word lawyering. But it proves the idea is there, the words just fail to make a clear distinguishing between the lesser sunlight penalties (Light Sensitive and Light Blindness) vs the greater sunlight penalties (Sunlight Powerlessness and whatever Vampires do).

But I am way too offquestion, so I keep quiet now, if you want to debate further start a topic or PM me to start a topic. I see a really silly argument that leads to Cloak of Shade protecting vampires, but I don't really want to go there because it's a silly argument to defend.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-06-13 at 12:12 PM.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build