View Single Post

Thread: After Mourning IC

1. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: After Mourning IC

At the bow of the vessel, the elemental aims one last punch. Understanding that its services are no longer needed, it begins to spin, rising into the air above the deck. As it whirls faster and faster, it slowly disintegrates, its mind returning to the Elemental Plane of Air, its body nothing more than mindless wind.

Why does the archer get to have all the fun? grumbles Barrek. His side aching from his recent encounter with a boulder and his head pounding from the focus of directing the elemental, the druid spits out the wriggling dwarf, who collapses to the deck in a puddle of crocodile saliva. Barrek concentrates once more, and his body writhes and shrinks, the scales merging to form smooth skin as he reverts to his natural form. Casting a baleful glare at the dwarf, he reaches down into a pouch at his side and pulls out a small white pearl, which he places on his tongue. The pearl immediately dissolves, granting him fluency in the Kundarak's tongue.

"You're outnumbered and outmatched. I've barely cast a quarter of my spells for the day, and the crocodile was the least powerful of my forms - not to mention the psion, archer, illusionist, paladin and... metal-dragon-creature. If you want to make it through the day, I suggest surrendering. Immediately. Or you'll be spending the rest of the trip as a ferret."

Not very eloquent, as intimidation goes. The low, cold thought echoes uninvited through Barrek's skull.

Quiet, mindthief. Leave me be.

You know, I've been called that before, whispers the beguiler in Barrek's mind. But I don't think it's ever been quite so accurate.

The druid casts a glance at the starboard side of the ship, where Sochet snaps halfheartedly at the fleeing dwarf, resigned to another day of substandard food. Even so, the blow is powerful enough to tear gaping wounds in the Kundarak's side.

That was the only attack he managed to land. He's getting old.
    It was true - the crocodile had been with Barrek for nearly four years, and had been just past the peak of his prime when the two had met. In fact, it was less than than -

No. Out of my memories!

Vraskis sighs, retreating into the darker crevasses of the druid's mind. He would do what he did best - watch and wait.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2014-06-18 at 10:20 AM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony