Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
I kind of fall into both camps, honestly. Some of the design choices sound like improvements, but many sound like steps in the entirely wrong direction to me. And I'm tired of waiting to see if my hopes or fears will triumph, plus there are a lot of people who have been putting off exalted games that I could have been part of because "3rd edition will be out any moment now. Yep... aaaaaaaaany moment..."
I think you are reading my mind.
That statement has bothered me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Clistenes View Post
I'm happy they have gotten rid of the Infernal's fluff. The Yozis and their servants should be some awe-inspiring, fearsome Eldritch Horrors beyond human comprehension, and the Infernal Exalted were like "We are sooooooo gross! And that make us cool!", like comic book villains created by a teenager who is trying to create some really evil characters without truly understanding how to do so.

I would have ditched the whoremonging, cocaine-snorting comic villain thing and put more weight on the whole "mortals under the eye of beings greater than the Universe and more evil than anything living in it"...I would have made very clear that the mere contact with a Yozi changes you, that your mind shatter and you no longer can think in human terms, that the Infernal Exalted are like starfish aliens visiting Earth. That they can do horrible, unthinkable things not because they are debased or corrupted, but because Creation and its inhabitants no longer feel real to them.

I also would like to keep the Reclamation as a credible threat. Not as an inmediate threat, but as something that is going on and should be stopped or the Yozis will be free twenty, or fifty or a hundred years in the future.
Well I got good news and bad news. The first section of that is being changed. Infernal charms won't be yozi charms, so yozis go back to being beyond the game. Personally I liked the yozi charms, but meh.

We know nothing about what's going to happen to the middle part, afaik, but I'd point out that it's not that likely, purely because human have to be able to PLAY infernals. It can be about them struggling to remain human, sure.
Of course, if you take the right charms in 2e, you look pretty inhuman anyway, but people tend to ignore that.

As for the third part? Yeah, that's the bad news. I am fairly certain the reclamation is dead. They have said it was never meant to be possible in 2e, and it being presented as a sensible plan was a mistake. So, in 3e... the reclamation will not be televised.

Or exist.