Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
You don't lift somebody by the throat unless you intend to hurt. It IS very painful and it IS potentially disastrious (if a single disc in his neck slips, he might be paralyzed for life). ...Or have watched too many movies.
My response to that is the same as the last time you brought that up a few posts ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
Hence we go back to "she should have handlet it so much better". Her first step would have been to call the cops. Second to call the girl's friends. Third to separete him from her, and Fourth to just hold him in place. Seriously, two hands on his shoulders and he could not move. At all. But I guess (HOPE! actually) that the author will use this not only to illustrate the obvious anvil but also the main protagonist's impulse control problem. She has always resorted to violence, it's second nature to her.
So her first steps are to let him get away while she calls people (including people she doesn't even know) before preventing him from leaving with the girl. Either that or you are assuming that the universe runs on "Talking is a free action" unlike ours. And for the record, she didn't immeadiately resort to violence, she talked to him first.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
Excuse me?

Look at the god-damn panel. His eyes are bulging out and his face is changing color. That, my friend, is the face of someone being choked out of air. If you think stopping someone from breathing is not causing them harm, you have a lot to learn.

It'd do you good, really, if you grabbed your own throat as hard as you can just so you know what it feels like. Then you can talk more clearly about "some discomfort".
Look at the next "god-damn" page, where he's clearly immediately able to talk and is unharmed. Stopping someone from breathing permanently is certainly causing serious harm (or more to the point, death), doing so for a few seconds is merely discomfort. I can actually remember taking torso blows that left me unable to breathe for a short time, and while I definitely did not like the experince, I can't categorize it as anything more than that.