View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAI+ 51: Lay That Hammer Down!

1. - Top - End - #738
    Banned

Default Re: LGBTAI+ 51: Lay That Hammer Down!

Golly: maybe you like asexuals? As far as on antic issue go, they would definitely be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    No, not really. You still failed to get the reference.
    No, I pointedly continued because the reference does not in any way actually impact what I said, and I purposefully presented my response with that in mind. People say things. Things said get popular. Doesn't mean they are required reading. Ackowledging a quote that I didn't disagree with that is presented as disagreeing with me would weaken what I said, for no reason other than technical pedantry.

If you really want to draw a line between "women are people" and "women shouldn't be considered less than people", you can. But it's a waste of time and I'm not going to bother with it.

Alternately, we're just talking past each other really hard.
    Spoiler
    Show

This seriously took WAY TOO LONG to access the url for...

And, huh. That's a strange split; they're pronounced identically. Why does the one cause you pause? That's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Dandolo View Post
    However, not stating that there are real problems is the perfect way not to solve these. It just so happens that these problems work coherently in the direction of subordinating women to men.
    That's true. But in this context, that is advocate for an All or Nothing response; you are saying that if my goal is to consider women not subpar at science, I should reject any victory that doesn't come with a Christmas tree effect of other social liberties as well – that I should prevent women from being treated equal in one field because it is not all fields.

An "all I care for right now" statement is being judged on the same level as the driving rhetorical force of a decades old movement that isn't inified anyway. A micro assessment and macro assessment shouldn't be judged on the same merits. There is nothing in what I said and what Coidzor said that conflict. They both deal with the same topic using different words. Mine is operational, his is theoretical.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2014-06-24 at 12:27 AM.