Jace's Shop

Veronica smiles and takes the small stone, slipping it into the brown bag before pulling out an egg carton and sliding it back. "You mentioned omelettes, so I figured I'd bring some eggs." She says before realizing the possible awkwardness of such a gift. "They aren't Harpy eggs!" She quickly rectifies. "Duck eggs. They're meatier than chicken and better tasting." She explains before giggling when Jace jumps in surprise.

"To be honest, neither did I."
She admits with a small smile before sighing and bowing her head a bit. "As I was telling Zebes, I'm really sorry about last night. I shouldn't have left." She says, only to be cut off by Samuel behind her.

"So...you didn't bone him? I thought that's what you were heading out for."
He asks, causing Veronica's face to flush as she stiffens up.

"What's 'bone' mean?"

"It mea-"

"It means nothing!" She shouts before spinning and glaring at her two brothers. "I swear if either of you explain it to her I will pluck every feather from your bodies and make a pillow!" She shouts, glaring at the two boys. "And I'll take everything away from whichever one of you doesn't say anything." She adds a bit softer, making the two boys look warily at one another as they shut up.

With that taken care of she turns around once more, taking a moment to brush her hair and feathers back down to look composed. She's still blushing though. "As I was trying to say, I'm really sorry. If you would like to, I kinda want to give it another chance. We're going to be heading out for pizza for lunch and I want to invite you both. If you can put up with my siblings that is."