Jace's Stand

"Wizardry is something that most people can learn with a little bit of natural magic and the will and intelligence to figure it out. It's...not the easiest thing, but at the very least you're harpies, so there's virtually no way you don't have any natural magic. I've never seen any worlds with such folk that are devoid of magic in its citizens.
My sorcery runs entirely on natural Power, so I can't say for sure if she has any aptitude for it, although I could probably get a feel for a yes or no just from being around her and seeing if anything sort of...flows. It's hard to describe, sorry. Here.

He reaches over the counter and pulls a small oak wand, whittled bare of its bark so it's very light in color, about six inches long.
"This is a want that when used, produces a little ball of light. It's a spell that many mages learn before much else."
Well, they often learn Spark or Arcane Mark first, but he thinks those are dangerous tools for a six-year-old.
"And uh, here. Best I can do, assuming my old textbooks are a bit too complex for her.
I could probably sew up a passable hat; I have black cloth. But if you want it to look professional with a real brim and such there's a hatter's a block or two down and a costume place about five doors down from that. Probably a book store, too."
he also hands Veronica a small pamphlet. It's in bright colors and is mostly intended for parents who suspect their children might have magical powers and a few beginner tips on breathing, focus, etc in order to tell for sure.