1. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: [D&D 3.5 Class]We Knew the World Would Not be the Same[PEACH]

Think of Chimera Form as a racial gestalt ability. You don't double up on racial features if they're the same, you use the best one.

Use the best ability score bonuses from either the PC's base race or their composite creatures. Let's say Jill the half-orc is a Chimera. She has a racial +2 to Str. But then she uses Chimera Form to splice herself with a pretty unicorn! The Unicorn has a racial +10 to Str! Her new bonus to Str isn't +12, instead she uses the highest value, +10.

In the same sense, use the best features from each composite creatures. The best natural armor value, the best dice size on a particular type of natural weapon, the best fast healing value if you've survived long enough to actually be able to pick up fast healing, ect. If two composite creatures provide the same benefits Chimera Form never adds both of them together, it always uses the better of the two and ignores the weaker.

Does that help at all? Your question was a bit vague, so I'm not totally sure what part of the ability I'm needed to address.

...I also need to fix that table.
    That actually answered everything I was questioning and more, thank you
    Last edited by Scaileanna; 2014-06-27 at 08:39 AM.