View Single Post

Thread: Worf vs Solo

1. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Worf vs Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmageddon View Post
    So basically, Defiant cloaks, Millennium Falcon can't spot it in time, Defiant locks on to some vital component (engines most likely), opens fire and the Millennium Falcon is done for. You could argue that deflector shields would take the hit, which means that the Millennium Falcon can simply power the hyperdrive and be gone, assuming it's instantaneous. Can't remember if it is. Otherwise, aside from running, I don't think the Millennium Falcon can have a chance against the Defiant. It's still a battleship against what is basically a freighter.
    This is how I basically see the opening gambit. Worf wouldn't straight-up vaporize someone just for smuggling. It's not a death sentence. He'd go for the crippling blow under cloak and then order a surrender.

I do have to assume that Worf would find some way to catch Solo outside of hyperspace. It'd be tricky to gun him down, otherwise.

Doesn't the Falcon have oversized deflector shields? That might have been described in non-canon work. If they could get Worf to blow his cover and underestimate the defensive ability of the Falcon, it could give Han the chance to run.

Hyperdrives aren't instantaneous. Precise calculations have to be made through a navicomp or astromech in order to not collide with some significant body. They can also be shut down with an interdiction field that simulates a massive gravity well, indicating the proximity of such a body.

Solo has performed emergency jumps, however, which is basically where the drive is fired at random, hoping to not get killed in the process. He might be able to get away and find some sanctuary or better battlefield. The Falcon has always performed remarkably well when escaping bigger battleships than the Defiant. Entire fleets of them, actually. This fight could go to ground as I doubt Worf would just allow the smuggler to get away with running.

If he could be tracked, Worf would track him, I'm sure. That might lead to a grounded confrontation. I'm not completely convinced that Chewie would fall so easily to Worf. Maybe so. We've never really seen the Wookie go against a skilled HtH combatant, have we?

Solo could definitely gun down Worf. His skill with the quick-draw is the subject of many EU scenes. I'd give that to Han if Worf actually allowed it.

I will say this. If it were war or Solo had a death sentence on his head? That cloak and superior firepower would likely demolish the Falcon without a fight. But just as being a wanted smuggler, Worf would more likely go for a crippling blow, and might be surprised at how durable that old hunk of junk really is.

EDIT To Raimun and Chen: Han can run, but Worf would be unlikely to give up the chase. It might take him a while to corner Solo, but it's been done before. Would Worf really not be as tenacious as Boba Fett?
    Last edited by Fragenstein; 2014-06-27 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    How did you have that image on standby......