Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
He shot a bounty hunter in the face in a sneak attack. Unless worf decides to be stupid and not disarm a man before chatting with him, that wont work against worf. Solo is a smuggler, not a warrior. At least as far as the movies are concerned. Yeah he got bumped up ranks in the resistance, but lets face it, it was a political appointment, not one earned on merit. He damaged vaders ship, allowing luke to make his shot. Im sure there is all sorts of EU "proving" Han is the awesomest thing since he inverted space and time on that kessel run of his, but thats EU. Everything gets insane in the EU.
Erm, shoots dozen of Stormies on the DS, makes a headless charge after a few that would make any rabid Klingon proud, shoots several more on Endor. He's hardly a coward or incompetant in a fight.
As for situational awareness, just look at Bespin: notice how long it takes for him to go from thinking everything is fine until he sees Vader, draws and fires five shots that would have hit home had Vader not deflected them: unless I'm counting wrong that's a total of 4 seconds. Pretty decent, all things considered.

Star Wars sublight speeds are pretty decent - just look at how quickly the ships left Yavin IV and got to the gas giant (roughly 17 000 m/s), or how quickly Dooku made his getaway from Geonosis. He was already out of the atmosphere and well on his way to lightspeed by the time Yoda had picked up his cane. Have we ever seen any ST battles where anyone is moving anywhere near full impulse? All the ones I've seen have been going significantly slower than that, but I haven't see all ST has to offer.