Quote Originally Posted by Business Scrub View Post
I like this: it makes the class much more viable than before IMO. A couple of things that come to mind:

Bonus Feats: I feel like spellsword levels should stack with fighter levels for feat purposes.

Channel Spell: How does channel spell work with more than one attack in a round? It seems intuitive that only the first attack carries the spell effect, but the description leaves it a bit ambiguous.

How does channel spell work with spells with long casting times? Move action is fine for spells that normally take standard actions, but it also allows for a way to get off a quick break enchantment or Symbol of X. I wouldn't say broken, but it is a really nice cheap-and-dirty quicken spell in some cases.
I might look into letting SS stack with fighter for weapon feats. Good idea. We'll play with it first before seeing if it needs it, though.

As for the channeling ambiguity, that's not my wording there. I left the ability unchanged from the CW, so that wording is all on Wizards of the Coast. I don't know if they ever clarified what it means for long cast time spells.

That said, I think it's implied that you spend a move action in order to channel the spell. I'd treat it as if you had moved and, therefore, would only be able to attack once in that round. If there is some cheese way to get around it in some rules somewhere (you never know in 3.5), the spell would only work in the initial strike. I feel like, since you can channel ANY spell into your sword strike, it's fair to only make it one strike. Making it affect a full attack would actually detract from the duskblade a little too much for my tastes.