Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
Hmmm.

Just an exercise...

Pathfinder and D&D 3.5 have 'iconics.'

I think you should go through and list the various feature characters at each point in the series.

Cloud (Crisis Core) is still human, for example, until the test tubes. He and Zack both become Half Alien when Hojo's through with them.

But Cloud (FF7+ is Half Alien)

Cloud in AC is higher level then Cloud in FF7. It also lets you stat up First Tsurugi, and all Cloud's dual wielding, which he never uses before AC.

And Cloud in Dirge is higher level even still.

Vincent probably also uses the half alien template, even if the truth is that he's actually half WEAPON.

Don't forget to stat up antagonists too! Sephiroth (CC, FF7, AC) are all good things to have out there. Remember, you can't overpower Sephiroth. The dude has natural 18s across the board even in his CC incarnation, and he only gets more ridiculous after that. Sephiroth is noted to be the strongest being in the world, flat out. No one can compete with him. As such, he should have the highest CR of any single being in your world.

Aerith has her living form (CC, FF7) and then her Post Mortem form (Maiden over the Planet, Case of Lifestream:White, AC). You'll need to create some sort of 'positive energy lifestream spirit' for her. She also gains something like 10 or 15 levels immediately upon dying, gaining cosmic control of the Planet.

Speaking of which, that's most obviously modeled by the Deathless Template (Book of Exalted Deeds, perhaps as a 'sacred watcher'.)

Meanwhile, the remnants, and very possibly Sephiroth in AC...are technically undead, with all that template bestows.
that is something to think about. The stats shown in the Gamemasters Guide were just various characters in various points in the Compilation. I'll look into it though and see what I can do :)