1. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.P] Sharpening the Mind: A Guide to the Pathfinder Soulknife

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    Guess it doesn't give 1.5

Pair of interesting quirks for the Deadly Fist I noticed though
    1: You get a blade skill at first level, so you can take extra blade skill at first level (potentially even twice)
    2: Amulet of Mighty Fist stacks, as does Crystal Gauntlets. You can get a +18 equivalent weapon (!), but you are stuck with a 1d3 weapon (unless PoW is open then you can grab Greater Unarmed Strike).
    Thank you for asking. That is exactly what I thought the bladeskill was supposed to mean but I guess the wording was quite bad (they could have fixed more things in UP to be quite frank with you).

@2: Small nitpick ... it is a d6 weapon by default (if you are medium that is). Which would be replaced by GUS damage if higher. Otherwise this is a good idea. Pretty devastating since Deadly Fist is a strong Archetype to begin with (especially as a wis knife with Gifted Blade and/or a contemplative dip and going Dark Tempest afterwards).

edit: Just realised that Feral Heart should also be able to reach +18 (depending if you have a focus item for the claws). Feral Heart has the issue of scaling really bad though. You might have to go Contemplative/Dark Tempest and pick up some extra natural attacks via powers to keep up. Feral Transformation is nice though.
    Last edited by Feint's End; 2014-07-05 at 05:42 AM.