Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
Well we're open to proxies, nothing wrong with playing a bit while you're still buying what you need. As long as it's not too far out and the base is the right size, it should be fine. Of course, seeing nicely built/painted models is half the reason I come every week, but as long as you're planning on it it's cool. We have one guy that's been proxying some old game as Space Marines for like 2 months now with no signs of buying everything, and that's kind of annoying.
Heh, turns out it won't be a problem after all. Lucked out and found a discounted Strike Force on Amazon.

Now let's see if I can still paint as quickly as I used to...

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
So, if you follow almost any other 40k site, you're probably aware that Santus Reach 2: Stormclaw is coming very soon. So, for those who haven't and are curious here's what's contained in what may be (approximately*) the 7th edition Starter Box.

2 Limited Edition Models: Krom Dragongaze and Warboss Grukk Face-Rippa
1 box of Power Armored Space Wolves (Reccomended to be assembled as 5 blood claws and 5 grey hunters, but since it is a multi-part plastic kit by all appearances, you can do whatever the hell you want with it)
1 box of Space Wolf Terminators
1 herd of Gretchin
1 box of Nobs
3 Killa-Kans
1 Mini-rulebook
1 Stormclaw campaign guide, including dataslates for all the models contained within (including unique profiles for Krom and Grukk (!), and a formation containing all the models from each faction).

*It doesn't contain all the classics of a starter box like templates, snap to assemble models, and the like, but it does have a mini-rulebook and nearly its MRSP in models for each faction.
I can see myself getting that, depending on how much it costs. Wouldn't be too hard to turn around and barter enough of those models I can't use/don't want for ones I do to make it worthwhile...

It's kinda reminiscent of the old 2nd ed starter that was Orks v Blood Angels, actually, though Killa-Kans didn't exist back then.