The name of the class "Vizier" and the idea behind was really supposed to blend those ideas of a figure who played a supporting role and who had some elements of that potent mysticism normally reserved for 9 level casters. If his ability to blow stuff is really a secondary feature to his ability to facilitate a party's effectiveness, then it's pretty much a slam dunk and I got exactly what I was going for. Hopefully that's something people are digging :)

A while back I bumped into an "issue" with my group, where my level of system mastery was just beyond what anyone else in the group was even interested in trying to achieve, and playing down was really boring for me. So, I started specializing in support classes like the Bard, Cavalier, Warlord, some Oracle builds, support Paladins and Rangers, etc. And what I ended up discovering is that all of a sudden everyone was having a lot more fun. I was okay being awesome because a big part of my schtick was making everyone awesome, and we started really playing as a group instead of a collection of individuals for the first time in a while. It's why almost every class I build has some access or facility with Teamwork feats, auras, or some other method of party improvement. It's why over on the Paizo forums I'll laugh when someone says "Fighter doesn't need XYZ because this is supposed to be a team game", and then I explain to them what a team game actually looks like.