Well I sort of have this idea of a wandering M'aiq the liar type dude, except to make him more interesting by adding some dimensionality and have the PCs have to figure out some mystery revolving around him. In terms of stats and mechanics you don't really have to use what I give at all, it's just like a random placeholder for whatever style you want. Thanks for the opportunity.

He is your campaign world's version of Marco Polo, an adventurous spirit both learned in the ways of magic and civility, he is... Id'n Al Kh'radeen of the faraway land of Karsus.

He is a catman. A walking cat, kind of pretty much like the Khajiit from TES. I have no idea how to stat that since its your setting, but this dude is some kind of Catfolk or Shifter or beastfolk like person.

He is famed for writing really interesting travel guides and has travelled all across the world in search of the greatest wonders to document about in his books. He is also kind of supremely rich considering how much he travels. Furthermore, he is a scholar and kind of a holyish religious teacher/philosopher guy.

Spouting such useful advice as,"Always remember to always put random items in your inventory, you may never know when it might be quest relevant.. purr.. I mean of interest to you... prrr." and "If you're low on cash it might be wise to try to spruce your purse with some crafty fingers, it's not like anyone remembers to lock their doors in this town... or any town for that matter.. hmmrr.." and "apparently you can just find out about anything through talking with bartenders... who knew... mrr".

If the PCs talk to him too much he begins to repeat his lines as if he were a video game NPC. "If you keep doing that I'll repeat my lines until you leave... mmmmrr"

Besides the fact that he's meant to be a kind of comical character that unwittingly leans on the 4th wall, he is secretly apart of a mystery cult of a dark god who tells Al Kh'radeen to travel due to the fact that he (the dark god) asks him to specifically murder chosen people on every full moon. This message is delivered to him through his ink, which is why he always carries paper and pens. So Al Kh'radeen poses as a very convincing (with the help of illusion) learned scholar and holy man who writes travel guides and breaks the 4th wall, but is secretly a wandering assassin for his deity.

His favored technique is to transform himself into the likeness of a housecat to gain access to the areas where he can perform his dirty work.

Here's a really rough and simple stat block. I couldn't really come up with anything mechanically special. He's pretty charismatic and a generally charming dude, as far as cat people go. And for some reason he's unconsciously aware that he's in a game. He primarily makes use of illusion and takes great strides to remain incognito.

Id'n Al Kh'radeen, male cat person Wiz7: CR 7; ECL 7; Medium-size Humanoid (cat person); HD 7d4+1d8+7; hp 25; Init +2; Spd 30 ft; AC 12 (+2 Dex); Melee +1 quarterstaff +3 (1d6); SA spells; SQ summon familiar; AL CG; SV Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5; Str 9, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 14.
Skills and Feats: Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the Planes), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (nobility And Politics), Knowledge (architecture And Engineering), Knowledge (travel Guides); Spell Focus (Illusion), Greater Spell Focus (Illusion), Silent Spell.
Wizard Spells Prepared (4/6/4/3/2):
Equipment: Traveller's clothes, +1 quarterstaff, bag of holding (with a bunch of cool books and stuff), throwing knives, a pendant of unknown origin, a signet ring, passports, and a vial of strange red liquid.