View Single Post

Thread: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

1. - Top - End - #906
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Otherwordly Portal]

The blue pixie makes a rude gesture at the other and flies in Geneva's face. "What's a city?" He latches onto something the hippogryph said earlier.

"But it's so nice. And ooooh, look at the red in it when it catches the light!" She peaks around Cessie's hand. It's a wonder she resists the urge to touch her hair again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Otherwordly Portal]

Interesting!

Though it's a fairly well known fact that the Nexus somehow allows widely disparate cosmologies to all function at the same time. If it didn't then a lot of folks would be in a lot of trouble. Or at least they would get converted into something that could function locally. Geneva is pretty sure she wouldn't feel comfortable getting turned into a human. Or a humanoid, anyway. Humanoids seem to be even more widely varied than pony tribes! It's a mystery to be sure.

Why does the Cosmos seem to like the human form so much?

Why are so few sapient races quadrupeds?

If nothing else dragons seem to be fairly consistent across worlds. That in and of itself is a mystery, too.

"I'm going to set up a sequestering chamber around the portal," Geneva says as she begins removing small silver orbs from her inventory spell and placing them in mid-air. As soon as she releases one lines etched into its surface begin glowing with soft, white light. "I should be able to exclude the Nexus' ambient background and get some more precise readings. Hopefully that'll get us a little closer to figuring out precisely how the anomaly works."
    [Otherwordly Portal]

"Excellent, I'll start-" Cessie replies before her attention is diverted by the pixie who seemed to have an odd fixation with her hair now. She probably shouldn't mention that annoying heritage she had. "Yes, but please. We're conducting important research here and you're distracting me a bit."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Peaceful Spring]

Kitty giggles at Obriane's embarrassment. "Still though." She insists.

Meanwhile, the baby kitsune is reaching over her tube and splashing at the water between her and Obriane. Her giggle echos her mom's. "Looks like someone's having fun. Maybe we could go to shallower water so we can get her out of that tube." Kitty suggests. She doesn't want to try and hold a baby when her feet can't touch ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Invidia can't help but chuckle at Annie's actions.
    I'm fine with that. Honestly, I'm probably going go take a break soon. Getting a bit thirsty, you see....
    [Peaceful Spring]

"Alright, let's swim closer to shore then." Obriane says, glad to suddenly change the subject. She will gently lead Annie back to Kitty before starting to swim back to the shallower parts of the spring.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-07-13 at 05:00 PM.