View Single Post

Thread: The Gamer

1. - Top - End - #412
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    On the contrary, ability users that are not Jee-Han should be EXPECTED to suddenly gain large amounts of power in a short time (punctuated by extended periods of time at the same level).

Think about it. Unless they are grinding with Jee-Han, they are not getting experience, levels, or power the way that he is.

So, their level is literally nothing more than a power estimate generated by Jee-Han's ability.

When a character masters a new skill or ability, and hence gets a large power boost (especially something like the Meditation, which increases their stats), that new power level is represented by their 'level' increasing, even though they haven't gained experience and leveled up as Jee-Han has. I would be surprised if they DIDN'T gain multiple levels almost instantly.

We haven't seen the cousin in some time in-comic. So it does not surprise me at all that she has completed some kind of ability training regimen that increased her power. This power growth is reflected in the level that Jee-Han can see.
    Perhaps, but we should expect to see this much less frequently than we currently do. (she's not the only one who has suddenly grown in level) We haven't seen her in a couple of months at most (my impression it has been much less than that) - if she gets this much stronger every few months, then she could have gotten there by training for only the last couple years. You can point to the 10:1 time dilator, but unless they've only recently developed it, that doesn't actually change the argument.
    Last edited by sum1won; 2014-07-14 at 09:38 AM.