Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
[Otherworldly Portal]

"No, I'm pretty sure I didn't come through the sky-hole," Geneva replies with a small smile. "But we're trying to learn how the sky-hole works so we can make another one with destinations wherever we want."

Doesn't that sound neat?

That would mean you don't have to fly around as much, just take a sky-hole to your destination!

Geneva continues setting up the orbs to create a sequestering chamber. Once she has four of them in place around the anomaly she'll hit a button on her wrist computer aaaaaand-!

The lights on the orbs glow a little brighter, but otherwise don't do anything obvious. What's not quite so obvious is the fact that everything within the floating pyramid-shaped solid is now insulated from the ambient magic of the Nexus! Very useful if you want to study a peculiar magical object. Or even work at creating a new type of spell. Or maybe a spell matrix. Excluding ambient magic is just as important to magical engineering as a clean-room is to building delicate electronics!

"Please don't go inside that area," Geneva says, pointing at the sequestering chamber. "If you do something really unfortunate might happen."

Like forcing her to waste time recalibrating the chamber. As opposed to, say, getting set on fire. The chamber isn't dangerous, but if she makes it sound dangerous the pixies might be more likely to leave it alone.
Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
[Otherworldly Portal]

Geneva hasn't dealt with pixies before has she?

"We're trying to see how the portal works so that we potentially could construct another-" Cessie starts as she feel the pixie touch her hair. "Please don't do that." Now she attempts to wave away the pixie, this was really annoying.
[Otherworldly Portal]

"Wow. Okay, I won't." The pixie promises. Yet he still flies very close to it. He never said he wouldn't get a closer look! Hopefully he won't make a blunder and screw the whole thing up.

"You're too close, dummy!" The orange one flies closer as well, if only to better tell off her friend.

The purple one bites her lip and slicks her hands behind her back. "Sorry." She wiggles from side to side, as if the effort of restraining herself is already getting to be too much. "Can I have some of your hair? Just enough to make a belt! You'll never miss it." She nods exaggeratedly.