1. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

A175
    Full answer pending in a couple of hours. (I ran out of time and this is a long question/answer.)

Key points:
    Attach (from the previous question I forgot to mention) is weird because the target is never grappled, leads to some odd scenario that every creature grapples by himself and cannot aid another.
    Grapple is the only Combat Maneuver that deals with bodies rather then objects and doesn't have a size limitation, it is implied that this is a deliberate choice. I guess at some point you end up as dog pile. Or a tug o' war when two sides assist. And with the snatch feat and squeezing, you can always assist by pushing your friends maw or claw close to assist in some weird loony toons sketch of a grapple.
    Or have this out of context quote (its in the skills rules aid another, not the combat one, sigh.)
    The GM might impose further restrictions to aiding another on a case-by-case basis as well.
    But it should be applied to aid another in grapples, and maybe combat as well.
    Rocs and Grab, yeah there is mechanic to do swoop an enemy, but it makes your grapple suck (-20 on grapple, that helps).

A176
    I can't find one, even every creature with an "Aura of Cowardice" is secretly an anti-paladin.

A177
    Technically you cant use metamagic rods to create metamagic enhanced items, but if you could the answer would be: "A scroll with the spell cast and the metamagic from the rod applied, at no increase of spell level (and price)". (Although I suspect the price would go up because of its usefulness, but thats more marketing then rules.)

A178
    I suspect it is statted wrong, we had a question about werebears earlier and those were are off too. Unlike the werebear, I cant find a correct wereboar.

A179
    Technically Alchemist can't use metamagic, but if they could the metamagic rod would be needed during drinking, because that is the moment described as similar to casting a spell.

A180
    I can't find a ruling or a source but most spells that work with corpses and undead tend to have an "(object)" line in the saving throw line and because undead aren't object, that must mean the corpses are.
    Gentle Repose and Decompose Corpse come to mind.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-07-15 at 12:32 AM.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build