Quote Originally Posted by Altaria87 View Post
So Sakurai's picture and comments today confirm that Lucina is a Marth clone, but without the sweetspot and with a smaller hurtbox. However, she is not a costume and is her own character!
And that decision just baffles me. Being a costume seems like the perfect way to handle the character. They're doing those in significant numbers for the first time now (there was Wario in Brawl, but he was the only one there), she looks and would logically play so much like Marth but, partially because of that, doesn't really warrant the effort to make unique. Seems like the sort of thing to throw in just because it's easy and will please a lot of people. No need to waste time, or invite the inevitable complaints about a wasted roster slot, by giving her minor differences that amount to creating another clone. Surely they know by now how many people dislike those.

Ugh, oh well, no changing it now. So we're on two such characters, with her and Toon Link. I just hope this doesn't mean they're going to leave Ganondorf unaltered, or give no consideration to de-cloning Falco even further than they did in Brawl, or changing up Wolf and Lucas' special moves and final smashes. Especially Ganondorf - he really deserves to have a moveset that actually reflects his character, and it still baffles me that they didn't give him one going into Brawl.