View Single Post

Thread: Smash Brothers 4 General

1. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Smash Brothers 4 News - Release windows, characters, and more.

Personally I think the difference in speed and power is enough for Ganondorf (who I much prefer playing over Captain Falcon) but we'll see.
    I'm hoping Lucina won't be a total clone like the pic of the day comments imply, but has subtle differences between moves like say between Fox and Falco. But if not, I wouldn't mind trying a tip-less Marth.

The nice thing about Lucina being a clone though is that it reinvigorates hope for Lucas, Wolf, Falco and Ganondorf. With that in mind, I don't see anyone from Brawl being cut except Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur. That would bring us to 47 characters, so I'm betting on a total of 49 with two yet unseen newcomers (random makes 50 slots for a nice 5x10 grid). That would exactly 10 more than Brawl with a total of 13 newcomers - both less than the Melee-Brawl transition, but still makes for a nicely beefed up roster (and obviously the rate of increase between Melee and Brawl was pretty unsustainable).
    I could also see a 48 grid with more cuts or fewer newcomers, or even a 4x13 52 grid, but I'm sticking with 49 as my final guess.
    Last edited by Hytheter; 2014-07-15 at 11:29 PM.