To be fair, some types of material are much more (or much less) flammable than others.

Now, given that Sockpuppet currently has the lion's share of NPCs shoved out of the way of the fight via their socks, he could have just yanked one of the poor sods down and used them as a human shield against the fire. Instead? A swarm of wool socks come streaming out of the voluminous sleeves of his wool white and grey outfit! They bind around each other, forming a shield against the burning blast!

"Ha! You think I would be such a fool so as to use cotton or synthetic fibers when I knew fire was likely? My specially treated wool socks can take anything you throw at them! Now have at you!" Sockpuppet crows as another sock flings itself toward the bartender, aiming to bind itself around her eyes like a blindfold!

The Lump, meanwhile, continues to prove to be rather indomitable. With a bellowing, "HHGGGGGGN!" several blobs of flesh launch themselves from his body, snagging projectiles from the air and wrapping them in rubbery bulk. The fat-ball encased a bullet bounces off one of Professor Cuttlefish's limbs, causing him to stagger and his grip on Noelle to loosen.

An excellent time to try to escape!

Noelle should have no difficulty detecting the Professor's position with her powers. The guy is disturbingly similar to a tech priest, really. Though he seems to have a little bit more aesthetic sense.

The Lump, meanwhile, hefts a meaty fist at Krayger, his arm extending impossibly and his hand expanding to a bludgeon the size of a huge novelty beach ball. Should Krayger get clobbered he'll find that the Lump's flesh has the consistency of silly putty.