Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
Yeah, Gaius I paired because it allows Noire to become a Dark Flier, and she's the only child character who can pull that off and have an actually decent magic growth rate, which I wanted just because I like the class (my first Avatar was a Dark Flier). Sumia/Henry is pretty much a matter of running out of options I liked - I paired her with Chrom the first time, so he's out; my Avatar I want to pair with Tiki for Manakete Morgan; and Gaius is taken as above. That only leaves Frederick, who I don't think I'll use this time around and who I don't particularly feel would be an interesting one to put her with, and Henry, who at least should make for an entertaining pairing. Sumia is just weird in having so few options that way.

Vaike eh? I don't know, he was another one I was leaning towards not using. I'm not a big fan of his personality, and he turned out rather weak for me by the second half of the game last time.
Henry is certainly an interesting one - he's one of my favorite characters and his interactions with Lissa are pretty good, although my favorite with him is still Nowi for the sheer ADD-ness they share.

My Vaike also always turns up weak, he doesn't transition to tier 2 very well for me. He's probably my second most consistently weak character after Frederick.

Sumia's limited dating pool really bugs me, I guess it's to encourage marrying her to Chrom (although Chrom's other LIs aren't similarly afflicted). It always annoys me because she's a character that I have to get married off since her daughter is Cynthia, who is consistently one of my top performers and often ranks even above Lucina - Morgan is the only one to reliably compete. Plus, Cynthia is probably my favorite overall character in the game.