1. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MitD VIII: Everything we know about MITD (but were afraid Tarrasque)

Quote Originally Posted by thereaper View Post
    Either way, though, it would suggest that he isn't a small or medium humanoid with claws, at the very least.
    No. As I said last time, it does not suggest such a thing. We don't know why he can't wear them, and there are infinite ways in which a small or medium humanoid might be unable to wear leotards, so extrapolating a single interpretation from the fact is wrong. Maybe he has the wrong shape of legs (e.g. faun, hoofed, etc.), and finds them too uncomfortable. Maybe his feet are too large. Maybe his legs are too thick. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Drawing such a broad conclusion: "MitD cannot be a small or medium humanoid because he can't wear leotards" is pushing the fact's deduction way past breaking point.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    If the wording was can't fit or doesn't fit then sharp claws don't really come into it.

Assuming we can trust the MitD's word on it at any case.
    The exact wording is "can't fit...probably because of all the stew I eat". Not sure why "can't" would discard claws, though - leotards meant for human use can't fit clawed feet.

Edit2: And to forestall the expected answer, no, I do not believe we can trust MitD's given explanation that stew is to blame. It might be, but MitD tends to be wrong about this kind of thing (e.g. "The elf ate beans too" deduction in the Tower scene). I will grant you it is a plausible reason (I'm far from fat, but I doubt I could get a circus leotard on - those guys tend to have a very specific body type), but it is not the only possible one. I lean more towards "MitD stole a set of leotards, and tore them apart when trying to put them on, because he can't control his strength" explanation.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-07-19 at 10:33 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est