1. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Return of the Scarlet Empress III - The Lookshy War

Ireva spends a few more moments petting the cat, stroking under his chin and behind his ears with murmured comments on his cuteness, and then smiles up at Zhou. "Shall we go find Xet, then?" She hoists the kitty up onto her shoulder, and makes the papers vanish back into her jacket. "Better not leave the cat here, if we don't want to come back to find our bedrolls shredded."

Outside the tent, Ireva walks up to the first soldier she sees. Still wreathed in white-gold light, still shining with a terrible beauty: the small cat riding happily on her shoulder only detracts a little from the image.

"Excuse me," she asks politely, "could you tell us where the prisoners are being kept? The Chuzei -" she nods to Zhou, "- and I would like to check on them."

Spoiler
    Show
    If the bit in spoilers happens, Ireva will use Mastery of Small Manners, and if a social roll is called for, she will augment it with Irresistible Salesman Spirit.

I may not be able to post for the rest of the day, heading out with a friend.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2014-07-20 at 08:27 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.