1. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Return of the Scarlet Empress III - The Lookshy War

No clear omens. Unfortunate, but not unexpected - and the omens if she doesn’t attempt escape are both clear and very inauspicious. Not much point in waiting further, Isa judges.

She adopts one of the first katas of Throne Shadow Style: eyes downcast, shoulders stooped, palms inwards. Not something most people would recognize as a combative stance - quite the opposite. Which, of course, is the whole point. And as she does she closes her eyes, envisioning the labyrinthine tangles of the Loom of Fate mirroring her surroundings. Somewhere in Yu-Shan, the spiders are watching…

She reaches out with a sense that has no name and pulls, rearranging those imaginary threads - I am not here. I left five minutes ago. Any evidence to the contrary is an error to be corrected - and the world changes. She can feel those phantom threads shifting all around her, accounting for the way things have suddenly always been; and before it finishes she shucks the strands of fate that tell everyone who sees her I am Tepet Xet, leaving only a well-dressed foreign woman cloaked in anonymity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Isa is activating Lion Mouse Stratagem and Avoidance Kata, both of which are reflexive, and removing her resplendent destiny. Avoidance Kata doesn't give any control over where you end up, so let's see what happens!

Essence tracking: Isa currently has 1-3 personal motes left, depending on what the stunt rating for her last action was.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2014-07-20 at 03:48 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!