View Single Post

Thread: [D&D 3.5] construct feats

1. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] construct feats

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Haart View Post
    There is a feat that allows crafting normally mindless constructs with Intelligence score (though nobody said it will be good Intelligence score). I don't remember the name, though, and it is probably Dragon Magazine material.
    It's Rudimentary Intelligence, in Dragon Magazine #327, p. 73. It costs 8,000 extra gold and grants the construct an Int score of half your CL without interfering with the control you have over the construct.
    Quote Originally Posted by sim2er View Post
    Ideally the process would grant a feat without giving the construct an intelligence score, to preserve the construct's mindless nature, and therefore its immunity to mind affecting effects and the total loyalty that a mindless construct has for its creator. (I'll edit this into the OP)
    Constructs have immunity to mind-affecting effects regardless of whether or not they are mindless; it's a feature of the Construct type.
    Last edited by Karnith; 2014-07-20 at 05:02 AM.
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class Is In Its Tier

On the use of the tier system:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius Kane View Post
    "What's this? A TV Guide? How dare you tell me what movies I should watch! Fitness guide? Burn it, I can take care of my health by myself, thank you very much!"