View Single Post

Thread: Most horrifying enemies

1. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Most horrifying enemies

Well, it's not me personally, but I once sent these things after my players in multiple parties. Reactions were quite satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Standing in the space beyond the breach is a roughly humanoid figure. Skinless, you can see its musculature flexing under a thin coating of what looks to be angry red scabbing. Black bone spurs jut from its back, legs and arms at regular intervals. Where the head would be is a perfectly smooth, glassy black caul without any feature, not even eyes or a mouth. And yet, the most disconcerting feature of the thing is its hands, which appear completely limp at the wrist but otherwise entirely stiff, like some horrid mantis. These appendages have long, thin claws.

The thing stands on its talons, moving its "head" as though surveying a new world, not twitching even an inch otherwise. It reminds you of a living scab, and it distresses you.
    Quote Originally Posted by my players
    Fro what the HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?
    I called it "Mr. Happy"
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2014-07-20 at 05:28 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.