1. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Is my Animated Knife (Construct, Diminutive) too strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Minty88 View Post
    I need to give it 2 feats and it has 14 skill points to spend.
    No, as a creature with no Int score it does not gain any Feats or Skillpoints through hit dice.

I also would like to require a reflex check to grapple the knives and cleavers, of DC 15, since they are so small and quick. Is there a way to that within the established rules? Is this fair to my PCs
    Grapple attempt already require a touch attack to get a hold for which this creature has an AC of 18 (because it is so small and quick).

I'm aiming to pit 5-8 of these against a group of 5 level 4 PCs with the hopes that they will lock them in cabinets or drawers as an alternative to a strait fight.
    Depends on the group. One point to consider is that the party probably can't outrun the animated objects with their 40 ft. fly speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty88 View Post
    Also if I give it a Str of 1 and Weapon Finesse as a feat, it will retain the +7 AB but lose out on a lot of damage...
    For the record, the Strength score of a diminutive animated object can be extrapolated to 6. But since your knifes have 4HD, Str 18 seems not out of the line to me.
    Last edited by Zombimode; 2014-07-21 at 02:48 AM.