View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #959 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #959 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Czhorat View Post
    Haley isn't a person; she's a character created by Rich Burlew. Burlew made the choice to depict women's armor as sexy rather than functional looking, giving him an excuse to "sex up" the depictions of female characters while paying lip-service to their actual role as adventurers. It's an attempt to have it both ways on which he is now commenting.

I think he's learned and grown over the years, perhaps as a person as well as an artist.
    So apparently all clothing choices of female characters depict the author's views on women? Are you telling me if women are scantily-clad, it's not because it's in-character?

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    *does so*

Total number of men in armor that bares the midriff or more: 0.
    Total number of pieces of armor that look like "sexy" wear rather than actually looking like armor: 0.
    Total number of very-close-to-naked-women who came up in that search for some reason: 3.
    Well, I don't know what you googled.

Out of the first dozen pictures:
    Total number of men in armour (or male mannequins, there are a lot of mannequins) that bares the midriff or more: 4
    Total number of pieces of armour that look like "sexy" wear rather than actually looking like armour: 2
    Total number of very-close-to-naked-women who came up in that search for some reason: 0

Have a screenshot to prove it.
    Last edited by Socksy; 2014-07-25 at 08:49 AM.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!