View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #959 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #959 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhaic View Post
    So...is this a hint at future merchandise?

Edit: The Bechdel Test makes me want to write something horrifyingly, eye-gougingly sexist with a 100% Bechdel Test pass rate for every scene.
    “You can have a feminist movie that doesn’t meet the criteria, and you can have a movie that meets the criteria and isn’t feminist. So, it’s not scientific or anything. It was meant as a joke, but I still think it’s a very useful joke… It’s a bit surprising what does and doesn’t pass.”—Alison Bechdel

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Wick View Post
    So is Bandanna the first unambiguously gay named character in the comic?
    I think one of the lawyers (Raul? Julio? My mind is ringing vague bells of a sterotypical Latino name) is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamearisto View Post
    Still, first obviously lesbian/bi named character is a pirate? A sympathetic pirate, but still...
    Anne Bonny and Mary Read would like to have you over for tea and and a few words...

Quote Originally Posted by pikeamus View Post
    Actually, according to the best resource we have available on the test, most movies do pass. 56.78% pass all three tests.
    OMG! Thank you so much for that! I love the trends over time graph. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    I ship it.
    Wayyyy ahead of you. Panel six. Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    or a transexual
    That would be Roy (for a time). Also two esses in transsexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmageddon View Post
    Between this and some of your previous statements, I have to ask: is there something inherently wrong with escapism?
    Not at all! I for one am happy to escape from pervasive heteronormativity for a while.
    Last edited by Lexible; 2014-07-25 at 05:39 PM.