1. - Top - End - #906
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: The better man? There is no such thing [base class]

Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    I thought that Warforged has the Adamantine Body and similar feats because they can't regularly wear the armor due to their plating, so they get equivalent of armor. Wouldn't a Warforged Evolutionist 20 with Adamatine Body and Plating Teratomorph have like... +20 AC Bonus, not counting any enhancement bonuses from enchanting the plating? While I know that anything with access to Construct Teratomorphisms, that has the Plating Teratomorphism, can take Adamantine Body, but even if one goes Unarmored Body to be able to cast spells, with this Teratomorph they get additional +12 to AC. All I'm saying is that this seems kind of too strong, or raises AC too high. When comparing it to Armor of Outer Planes it... well, I know it is Teratomorphism of higher grade but still... Unless only I am the one seeing the problem.
    I beleive what Draken is saying is that it DOES stack; and the "tooltip" (please excuse my mmo) says it does.

Here is what I noticed were the biggest differences btween the two

Construct Plating: You can get a Higher AC.

Armor of the outer Planes: Not only can you take it off. You get a Side Enchantment bonus = 1/4 ML (so +5 at level 20), you also can get it enchanted with +10 Special Abilities ABOVE AND BEYOND THAT!. So Hello +5 Full Plate (Ac 13) with Heavy Fortification (no Crits!), Nimbleness (more AC from dex, 1 more infact than constructs AC Build.) GhostTouch and something else.
    So ok; maybe it's not "as" cool; but you can take it off, which is Nice sometimes for some builds. Using the rest of the below build; you can also still get pretty High AC (82 by quick math)

Spoiler: AC Build Thinkthrough Spoiler
    Show
    Warforged with Adamantine Body: AC 8

6 Teratomorphs at level 17: 2ac for each = AC 12

so 20ac before Enchanting; Which would add another 5 baseline AC. Max Dex +1.
    Not high, but you can get force barrier also, which at this level is another 8 ac Shield.
    Natural Armor, which could add another 12 ac.

So assuming 12 dex, thats what? 10+8+12+1+8+12=51 AC at level 17 for 14/70 Mutations and at least 1 teratomorph being plating?

I Never really look that hard into the class to see about maxing out AC, but that's pretty nice. Add in some miss chance there and you got a really defensive little bug.

I've always liked constructs, especially smart ones. The other Special Types look fun, but Construct is. wow.

Edit: If memory serves, the Evolutionist Natural Armor would stack with normal natural armor. So Putting this on a Race with some Natural Armor Built in would boost it even more.
    Toss a reasonable amount of Evolve Will/Reflexes and Fortitude in there, along with the More HP one.
    You might not end up being the biggest hitter. But you sure can take the like a boss. (I'd build more towards guarenteed hits at this points rather than large damage dice. If you gonna be lasting ALONG time against opponents, you may as well hit them every time)

Edit: Ohh, Toss in some outsider too if ya got some good charisma. AC=Cha Mod (3/mutation up to 5 total, so 15 Total Acheiveable, but realistically, probally adding another 4-5 at most. 3 is probally best without wasting two mutations. But thats still 3 more ac. heh

Edit: And lets not forget Elemental; thier first teratomorph for air gives you +2dodge AC per tertomorph, lets add another 12 ac!.

Now were cooking with oil!

Assuming: Warforged, Adamantine Body Feat,Heart of the Elements [Air] Teratomorph 1, Plating Teratomorph II 12dex, 16cha, Level 17 and Full enchanted armor (at level +5; no side enchants) we got...
    10+8ac+12Plating+5magic+1dex+3cha(Deflection)+12Na t+8Shield+12dodge = 71ac.

Feel Free to double check my math. This is basically at the cost of 1 single feat, 2 Teratomorphs and the armor Enchant.
    15/70 Mutations were spent.

the only other way I see to raise this any higher within class is getting collosal strength from the aicient mutations and getting more dex. this could raise it another 4 ac if you could get 20dex.

Spoiler: Lets see. Built for AC
    Show

Lets use some maxes; lets assume you spent at least the Minimum amount of gold to get stats to the minimum you can make use of them in the Evolutionist thing.
    This would mean: Dex 20, Cha16
    Level 20 (aka, access to 6 teratomorphs, which tops out the Bonus by Teratomorphs.)
    Teramorphs Taken:
    I: Heart of the Elements [Air]: 12 Dodge AC @ Level 17
    II: Plating: 12 AC Which Stacks with Adamantine Body
    III:Dire Body: 6 Natural AC (Stacks)
    IV: Living Bastion: Between adamantine Body, plating and This, you have 100% fortification. No Criticals on you!.
    V:Regeneration
    VI:Regeneration II: Between the two. well basically you get good fast healing, and all physcial attacks deal non-leathal damage

Feats: Adamantine Body (8ac, Max dex 1), Elemental Mutator, Ancient mutator, outsider Mutator

Mutations: (max takeable)
    Natural Armor (7): 14Natural Armor
    Force Barrier (5): 10 Shield (Cover as Tower Shield)
    Divine Ward (1): +3 Cha Deflection Bonus (Taken only once for realistic cha bonus's)
    Colossal Strength (4): Raises max dex bonus (4), allowing 20 dex to give 5 ac in total. Also lets you treat Adamantine body as light, which means you COULD take a level in swordsage and get some Wis Bonus in here too.

Just within this we have 20AC, 20NatAC, 3 Deflection, 10 Shield, 5 Dex, 12 Dodge for a easy total of 80ac.
    85 if you took a level of swordsage and had 20 wis.
    88 if you ALSO got 22 cha and took another mutation of Divine Ward.
    And this is ALL legit within this class

Flat Footed AC would be 83, Touch would be 38 I beleive?

and that's only 17 Mutations. out of what? 78 Mutations at level 19? 18% of your total mutations?

Last edited by DrunkenMists; 2014-07-27 at 07:34 AM.