Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Chang says there is too much interferance. Then how was he able to contact them in the first place, given we could hear him clear as day on Mahad's side of things. Whatever. He CAN contact Cortez, and tells him to look for them.
Well, first, this is an assumption on Cheng's behalf. There is a lot of inteferrence and he's receiving no reply. Second... he doesn't want to upsent Lena. Third, he's using a base station transmitter. It has more power and can reach further than an onboard radio can. It can collect weaker signals, but it would be like boosting an already distorted signal. It sends the transmission at high power while it is pure and undistorted, but it has to listen to it from a signal that has been heavily distorted at the source.

Okay, so...even the pirate ship is getting roughed up by the storm, and they mention that even it isn't meant to fly in this weather. Which means the Hyperion is extra ****ed because it's so small. I have to ask...how is this possible? The Hyperion is supposed to be this super powerful ship!
It is extra special, for its size.

Chang continues to look for Mahad and Dahlia's radio with his radio, I almost called Mahad Ruby oops. Lena continues...giving things to refugees. But the refugee in question gives a sob story about how they've lost everything OH MY GOD YOU GET TO GO BACK WHEN THE STORM IS DONE SHUT UP.
The storm has likely destroyed their home. They will get to return to their island, if it even still exists (it itself might have been destroyed), but their home would be destroyed.

You can tell this is Canadian because the kids in the back ground are playing a Native American hand game. Lena says that these two kids playing "lets slap each other's hands because that's a game apparently" is proof that the refugee's haven't lost anything. I assume she means hope.
Family. I assume she means you haven't lost your family.

...somehow or another Mahad managed to crawl back up onto the ice cold Hyperion, tie a rope around his waist and around a...thing that is on the Hyperion, and then descend the rope to Dahlia so she can tie it around HER self, so they can pull her up. All of this off screen.
It's a handle. Likely for a hatch (door).

On his way to Vector's lighthouse Cortez says...the storm will be big. Alright. ALSO, a question. If the storm is this close to both Port Angel and the other place, and the other place had a glacier big enough for months of water, how did NO ONE find it? Where the refugee's hiding it from their benevolent pirate friends?
The storm brought it to the other place.

---

Also, I apologise profusely for placing this torment on you.