I don't necessarily see how Haley's behavior should be, in any way, directly reflective of Rich. Yes, she is a strong female lead, but strong female leads are people too, and generally have flaws about them (like these gender based slurs). If he uses slurs through Haley, it is Haley's character making those remarks, not all of the characters and certainly not Rich. If there were a character who abused women, it would (hopefully) be just that; a jerk character that beats women, that in no way relates to Rich. I'll agree, the main problem was that the slurs weren't ever directly referenced as a character flaw (until just now that is). I'm just disappointed that this wasn't a more complex movement of character, instead being a blatant change with no precursors. Just for the record, I do not think that those slurs should be used towards women, all I'm saying is that it is a story, witch is representing both the real(ish) world as well as the gaming community.

I also love the nonchalance Rich used in introducing Bandana's sexuality. You can appreciate it, but he doesn't throw it in your face saying "my world is diverse look". Rich has always been able to make things feel organic in his world. Again, I'm completely fine with a queer character, and I'm glad Rich isn't making a queer character who is completely defined by being gay.