Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio Anejo View Post
Spoiler: Blue-haired douche and his monkey sidekick
Show

I'm not quite sure in which post you wondered how people could like Sun or Neptune, but anyway, I'll try to explain:

Sun is playful and charismatic. Oh, sure, people with a stick up their butt (read: Weiss) will probably hate him. People who take words at face value will hate him too. But... he's actually a nice person. He genuinely likes his friends, both old and new, and tries his best to entertain them, because that's what he does. Yang makes puns, Ruby makes speeches and Sun teases and makes borderline too far jokes. He's honestly excited for his old friend (Douche) to meet his new friends (Ninja Terrorist Kitty Cat and the rest of team BLCK RWBY). He's cocky, but he isn't arrogant in a malicious way like Draco Malfoy, or even Weiss/Cardin to use an in-universe example. He's the Sirius Black of RWBY, and just because you might sympathize with Snape more or think Lupin is a better person, doesn't make Sirius less charismatic. Or for another example, he's Rick Castle, and likes rocking the boat to see how much he can get away with for no other reason than it's fun.

Neptune.. is precisely the stereotypical suave preppy cool smart guy. But there's a reason it's a trope: it exists in real life, and a lot of such people really do tend to be likable and charismatic. From what little we've seen of him, he really is suave, smart, cool, and preppy.

Just because you personally hate either the character, or the personality type, doesn't mean other people do.
Spoiler: V2E2
Show

"borderline too far jokes" are too far . Wukong is not a nice person. We haven't really been shown him doing anything nice.

I continue to fail how anyone likes Neptune in the slightest. He's literally done nothing but say a few lines so far. He has a character design and that's it. What little he's said makes him out to be a "I'm better then you, love me" kind of guy. I don't like anyone on Team Generic Anime Pretty Boy so far.