Thread: War of the Final Whisper [IC]

1. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: War of the Final Whisper [IC]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Arise, from the grave, IC thread. Gonna make an effort to keep it alive this time.

The Party finds themselves standing near the border of a planar void, where once a Mage's Manor resided. There is an eerie quiet, as even the very air seems hesitant to cross that barrier. Stray fires mark what was left of the garden. A large Storm Giant is striding off with a grim smile. And, perhaps most notably, random assortments of furniture appear to be escaping into the brush.

While it is possible the multi-verse has seen a more atrociously botched peace conference, it is rather unlikely. A faint cough can be heard from the dust mephit largely responsible for the rather abrupt end to the chaos.

The sounds of battle in the distance subside, and horncalls are beginning to blare. For those familiar with Andoran signals, much of the messages seem to indicate alarm and confusion. At the party's side, the remains of Olin's platoon have gathered next to the party, with the Doctor Ilkulin asking for instructions. Loyal Hurin merely stares at the site, moving not an inch.

Shortly thereafter, General Vectus strides up with the remnants of the manor guard, who seem confused, wary, and utterly exhausted.
    "I thank you for my freedom. In payment of this debt, I offer you any assistance I can provide against our common foe. These men here have been puppets to a crime they were not aware of. At least, not in full. I will take responsibility for their actions, if they are granted amnesty."

The Doctor reaches into his robe and produces a small silver pipe, which he promptly begins stuffing with a plant at his feet.
    "Um," whispers a guard, "Are you sure that's smokable?"
    "Nope."
    Last edited by Thrair; 2014-08-02 at 11:57 PM.