1. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Servant Soul: Do Anything, Be Anyone. With just a bit of help... [3.5]

3.1: Seven new spirits, based on the Nanoha franchise! The three aces (Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate) are joined by two cloud knights (Signum and Vita), a forward (Teana) and a summoner (Lutecia). New feat: Broken Phantasm. Fixed a typo in Luvia’ stat block and fixed several small style issues in heroic spirits. Disallowed power attack with Gae Bolg (you bet it came up in play). Placed a minimum of 1 die/increase on phantasms.
    This new set of spirits was a lot of fun to make (except Rider) and, I hope, will be fun to play as well. I aimed for a bit higher than my average power, because why would you balance against the worst of things, when the only real consideration is which thing is best? I'm thinking of buffing some of the weaker spirits in the future.

Nanoha has a lot of characters. A second or even third set would be possible. However, the 5 ones I wanted to make have been made, so it's not really a priority.

I did end up using a number of ideas from this thread, such as Hayate's full-CL include. So, thanks!

Edit: Mostly a bookkeeping update, but here's 3.2:

3.2: Clarified that servant souls can always use magical items summoned by class abilities. Added a (mostly flavor) ability to transform a held weapon into included weapons. Upped include time at level 1 (from level/2 to level/2 min 1). Added a new alternate class feature (Adapted Soul) and related feat (Spirit Versatility).
    The ACF and feat were an idea me and Nekomata brainstormed a bit. Also, this update is probably full of typos because I am tired.